Berry's Historical Timeline
A Pictorial History of Berry Academy
NOTE: Our thanks to Berry College for most of the images on this page.
1916 - Pine Lodge is the first building constructed
on the current Academy site
1930 - The Old Mill is constructed on the
Academy campus, one of the largest
overshot water wheels in the world
1932 - Berry College graduates its first class as a four year school
1937 - Construction of Frost Chapel is completed
1937 - The Normandy Dairy complex began construction in
1931 and was completed in 1937
1964 - Mount Berry School for Boys is renamed
Berry Academy
The Beginning of the End for Berry Academy
Martha Berry Gravesite